from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of acknowledging; admission; avowal; owning; confession.
- n. The act of owning or recognizing in a particular character or relationship; recognition as regards the existence, authority, truth, or genuineness.
- n. An award or other expression or token of appreciation.
- n. An expression of gratitude.
- n. A message from the addressee informing the originator that the originator's communication has been received and understood.
- n. A response sent by a receiver to indicate successful receipt of a transmission.
- n. The act of a man admitting a child as his own.
- n. A formal statement or document recognizing the fulfilment or execution of a legal requirement or procedure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See acknowledgment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state or quality of being recognized or acknowledged
- n. a statement acknowledging something or someone
Sorry, no etymologies found.