Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person who adjusts; that which regulates.
- n. In hardware, any appliance used to regulate the movement of a blind, sash, hitching-strap, shaft, or other moving object in a wagon, house, etc.: as, a casement-adjuster, a pole-adjuster, a window-stop adjuster.
- n. In insurance, an officer of an insurance company whose duty is to determine the amount to be paid under a policy of insurance when a partial loss has been sustained.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who, or that which, adjusts.
- n. an insurance agent who examines claims against personal or property damage insurance policies and makes estimates and recommendations regarding the amount which should be paid to the policyholder.
- n. one who investigates insurance claims or claims for damages and recommends an effective settlement
“Especially since the salary for an insurance adjuster is typically only slightly more than half the salary for a midwife.”
“I'm not too excited over the new chain adjuster on this saw, ok with the old standard system, but that's just me.”
“An adjuster is also meeting the truck in California to re-evaluate the goods.”
“The adjuster is most likely a local guy on retainer from the rental company (and many other insurance companies).”
“Since I felt I was not getting anywhere with my adjuster, I called another adjuster in the total loss dept. to see what my options were.”
“Or in one particular case, I called the adjuster personally and asked them, you know, why they weren't paying.”
“Someone called the adjuster this morning and a neighbor followed up with a call tonight.”
“The brochure they sent me also cautioned that you should call their adjuster at the same time that you call the police, or your claim may not be paid.”
“My husband came and said that he had called the adjuster and let him decide.”
“If you have insurance, you can call your adjuster and he'll be there in relatively short amount of time and the problem will be resolved on the spot. beverleywood”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘adjuster’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Amusingly-named mechanical and electrical parts to be found in a particular warehouse in Newfoundland
Looking for tweets for adjuster.