from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. catlinite
- v. To whiten by application of pipeclay.
- v. To clear off.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A plastic, unctuous clay of a grayish white color, -- used in making tobacco pipes and various kinds of earthenware, in scouring cloth, and in cleansing soldiers' equipments.
- transitive v. To whiten or clean with pipe clay, as a soldier's accouterments.
- transitive v. To clear off.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A white clay suitable for making pipes, and also used for whitening leatherwork, especially by soldiers.
- To whiten with pipe-clay.
- To blot out or wipe off; square or settle: Said of accounts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. whiten or clean with pipe-clay
- n. fine white clay used in making tobacco pipes and pottery and in whitening leather
Sorry, no etymologies found.