from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Used other than as an idiom: see after, all.
- adv. Anyway, in any case; indicates a statement is true regardless of other considerations; used to reinforce or explain a point.
- adv. In the end, however; used in referring to something that was believed to be the case, but is not; or to an outcome that is not what was expected or predicted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. after considering everything to the contrary; nevertheless.
- prep. when everything has been considered; upon the whole.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. emphasizes something to be considered
- adv. in spite of expectations
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.