from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A copper coin formerly used in India and Pakistan.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A unit of currency in former British India equal to 12 pies or 1/16 rupee.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An East Indian money of account, the sixteenth of a rupee, or about 2� cents.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In India, the sixteenth part of a rupee, or about 3 cents.
- n. The Indian name of a South American skunk.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a former copper coin of Pakistan and India
Hindi ānā, from Sanskrit aṇu-, small.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Hindi अन्न (anná). (Wiktionary)