from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The district under an archbishop's jurisdiction.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. In Christian denominations, the area administered by an archbishop.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The diocese of an archbishop.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The see or diocese of an archbishop.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the diocese of an archbishop
arch- (“chief, main”) + diocese (Wiktionary)