from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Upward in direction or proclivity.
- n. A person from whom one is descended.
- n. A position of power or control.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. tending or directed upward.
- adj. having the most important influence.
- n. position or state of being dominant or in control.
- n. someone from whom you are descended (but usually more remote that a grandparent).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. most powerful or important or influential
- adj. tending or directed upward
- n. someone from whom you are descended (but usually more remote than a grandparent)
- n. position or state of being dominant or in control
Sorry, no etymologies found.