from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Star: astrophysics.
- Celestial body: astrometry.
- Outer space: astronaut.
- The aster of a cell: astrosphere.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- pertaining to celestial bodies: fixed stars, wandering stars (planets), etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- The combining form of the Greek word 'a`stron, meaning star.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The initial element in many compound scientific terms of Greek origin, meaning star.
Greek, from astron, star; see ster-3 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek ἄστρον ("celestial body"). (Wiktionary)