American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- Star: astrophysics.
- Celestial body: astrometry.
- Outer space: astronaut.
- The aster of a cell: astrosphere.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The initial element in many compound scientific terms of Greek origin, meaning star.
GNU Webster's 1913
- From Ancient Greek ἄστρον ("celestial body"). (Wiktionary)
- Greek, from astron, star; see ster-3 in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘astro-’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for astro-.