from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In or toward the area behind the performing space in a theater, especially the area comprising the dressing rooms.
- adv. In secret; privately.
- adj. Of, relating to, occurring in, or situated behind the performing area of a theater.
- adj. Concealed from the public; private.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to, or situated in the area behind a stage.
- adj. Secret, concealed from the public.
- adv. Towards the area behind the stage.
- adv. Out of view of the public.
- n. The area behind a stage, especially that of the dressing rooms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the area on the stage out of sight of the audience.
- adj. concealed from the public; in private.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. concealed from public view or attention
- adv. out of view of the public; behind the scenes
- adv. in or to a backstage area of a theater
- n. a stage area out of sight of the audience
back + stage (Wiktionary)