from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sound or a signal, as from a horn or an electronic device.
- intransitive v. To make a beep.
- transitive v. To cause to make a beep.
- transitive v. To call, summon, or warn by means of a beeper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The sound produced by the horn of a car, or any similar sound.
- n. A short, electronically produced tone.
- v. To sound (something that makes a beep).
- v. To have sexual intercourse (with) - referring to the bleep tone used to censor obscene words in broadcasts
- v. To produce a beep.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. call, summon, or alert with a beeper
- v. make a loud noise
- n. a short high tone produced as a signal or warning
*Beep beep beep* Splort danger *Beee beee beep* Splort danger
All they ever do is * Beep beep beep beep* and-a * Beeeep*
Someone outside dials a cell phone number and instantly a 17 year old trusting and innocent man with Down Syndrome hears a small beep from the bomb that had been strapped to his body and then the explosion tears his body apart as he becomes the first human bomb with an intellectual disability.
It's always either a forwarded joke, or mass death, when I see his name beep up on the phone's screen unexpectedly.
The exercise is commonly known as the "beep test" and measures a player's endurance as he runs at a set distance back and forth and a gradually increasing speed.
Set a custom alarm time on a per day basis, Sunday through Saturday, and set the sound to just a plain beep, or choose a song from your computer’s digital music library.
At the stoplight, she checked her cell phone and saw that the beep was a reminder on her calendar.
Every time it hit a new Internet router and changed direction the machine gave an electronic tone called a "ping" -- named after a submarine's sonar beep, which is just what it sounded like.
The beep was a formality; fun as cloak-and-dagger security requirements might sometimes be, it could get awfully lonely locked in here, and anybody capable of getting this far was authorized to visit anyway.
The tests, modelled on those given to new recruits, could include endurance shuttle runs - also known as "beep tests" - and weightlifting.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.