from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sound or a signal, as from a horn or an electronic device.
- intransitive v. To make a beep.
- transitive v. To cause to make a beep.
- transitive v. To call, summon, or warn by means of a beeper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The sound produced by the horn of a car, or any similar sound.
- n. A short, electronically produced tone.
- v. To sound (something that makes a beep).
- v. To have sexual intercourse (with) - referring to the bleep tone used to censor obscene words in broadcasts
- v. To produce a beep.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. call, summon, or alert with a beeper
- v. make a loud noise
- n. a short high tone produced as a signal or warning
Imitative.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)