from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal One's spouse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. (US, Canada) A person's spouse or lover, most commonly a man's wife. Generally a compliment or sign of respect.
- n. A person's close friend or companion
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. an expression used to designate one's wife.
- n. See under Better.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person's partner in marriage
From my better half, the larger part of me, that is, a close friend.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.