from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A wild sheep (Ovis canadensis) of the mountains of western North America, the male of which has massive curved horns. Also called mountain sheep, Rocky Mountain sheep.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Either of two North American species of sheep, Ovis canadensis and Ovis dalli, having large, curving horns
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The Rocky Mountain sheep (Ovis montana or Caprovis montana); called also bighorn sheep.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The Rocky Mountain sheep, Ovis montana: so called from the immense size of the horns, which resemble those of the argali, but are shorter and comparatively stouter and not so spiral.
- n. . The great fossil Irish elk of the peat-bogs, Cervus megaceros.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. wild sheep of mountainous regions of western North America having massive curled horns
- n. a river that flows from central Wyoming to the Yellowstone River in southern Montana
Sorry, no etymologies found.