from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A right, possession, or privilege that is one's due by birth. See Synonyms at right.
- n. A special privilege accorded a firstborn.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. something owed since birth, due to inheritance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any right, privilege, or possession to which a person is entitled by birth, such as an estate descendible by law to an heir, or civil liberty under a free constitution; esp. the rights or inheritance of the first born.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any right or privilege to which a person is entitled by birth, such as an estate descendible by law to an heir, or civil liberty under a free constitution; specifically, the right of primogeniture.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a right or privilege that you are entitled to at birth
- n. an inheritance coming by right of birth (especially by primogeniture)
- n. personal characteristics that are inherited at birth
Sorry, no etymologies found.