from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An elastic tubular channel, such as an artery, a vein, or a capillary, through which the blood circulates.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A component of the circulatory system, such as an artery, capillary, or vein, that carries blood.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See in the Vocabulary.
- Any vessel or canal in which blood circulates in an animal, as an artery or vein.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any vessel in which blood circulates in an animal body, whether artery, vein, or capillary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a vessel in which blood circulates
Sorry, no etymologies found.