American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A dark to moderate or grayish green.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A green color like that of common bottle-glass.
- Of a dark-green color.
- n. A dark green colour, like that of some wine bottles.
- adj. Of a dark green colour, like that of some wine bottles.
GNU Webster's 1913
- A dark shade of green, like that of bottle glass.
- n. dark to moderate or greyish green
- adj. of a dark to moderate greyish green color
“Before he made his choice, the door opened, and Cal Whitehead walked in, dressed in a bottle green suit with white-piped lapels and carrying a gleaming lizardskin case, its handle wrapped in clear plastic and tagged.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘bottle green’.
A lits of greens: cooked leafy vegetables; pigments, paint names, compound words, etc; words and phrases that pertain to or contain "green". Please add your favorites!
See this list f...
Names for colors composed of two or more words. All of these are defined as colors in at least one dictionary, most being in MW3. See Chromonyms for one-word color names.
looking for green knitwear!
Looking for tweets for bottle green.