from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A grey cetacean of the Dolphin family, of several species, as Delphinus Tursio and Lagenorhyncus leucopleurus, of Europe.
- n. The puffin.
- n. a north Atlantic beaked whale with a bulbous forehead.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name of several species of cetaceans having bottle-shaped noses.
- n. In medicine, an eruption of small, red, suppurating tubercles on the nose, such as is produced by intemperate drinking.
- n. A name at St. Andrews, Scotland, of the sea-stickleback
- n. A name for the puffin, Fratercula arctica, from its large red-and-blue beak. See bottle-nosed.
- n. A name of the sea-elephant or elephant-seal, Macrorhinus leoninus, and others of the same genus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several dolphins with rounded forehead and well-developed beak; chiefly of northern Atlantic and Mediterranean
- n. northern Atlantic beaked whale with a bulbous forehead
Sorry, no etymologies found.