from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a short, broad head with a cephalic index over 80.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a head that is short from front to back (relative to its width from left to right).
- n. A brachycephalic person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the skull short in proportion to its breadth; shortheaded; -- in distinction from
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Short-headed: applied, in ethnology, to heads whose diameter from side to side is not much less than that from front to back, their ratio being as 80 to 100, as those of the Mongolian type; and also to races or individuals having such heads: opposed to dolichocephalic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an adult with a short broad head
- adj. having a short broad head with a cephalic index of over 80
From brachy- + cephalic, literally “short-headed”. (Wiktionary)