from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having jaws that project forward to a marked degree.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having jaws that project forward more than is usual
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the jaws projecting beyond the upper part of the face; -- opposed to orthognathous. See Gnathic index, under gnathic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as prognathic: opposed to opisthognathous and orthognathous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a projecting lower jaw
pro- + -gnathous (Wiktionary)