from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who brands
- n. An implement used to brand something; a branding iron
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, brands; a branding iron.
- n. A gridiron.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To broil on a brander or gridiron; grill.
- To be or become broiled on a gridiron.
- To nail furring-strips or the like to a girder or other timber as a preparation for lathing and plastering.
- n. One who brands.
- n. [G. brander, ⟨ D. brander, a fire-ship, = English brander.] A name applied in German universities to a student during his second term.
- n. A gridiron.
- n. Same as brandrith, 3.
- n. plural Furnace-bars; the grate-bars of a ventilating-furnace.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
"It's frustrating for a direct marketer to become a brander, because your entire DNA is based on measuring," says Renker, who longs for the simplicity of his earlier business model.
If they knew -- he'd be brander in chief of all things Greek and not off re-branding cities in Cyprus and organizing international conferences in Istanbul.
As an author, brander and social media hired gun, who has been doing a deep dive into Twitter with authors for the last six months, I offer you this advice.
And if you need some new toys, check out this custom hot-iron logo brander by Hexacon.
My MIL before me always, always branded the lambs and now I am the official lamb brander.
Perhaps most interesting when looking at why the Newman's Own brand is successful, even after its founder's passing, is how ahead of his time the actor-brander was in linking his brand promise to its purpose and making this the hallmark of his endeavor.
In the early 90s there was criticism that his clothes were appropriating ideas from Giorgio Armani, Helmut Lang, Miuccia Prada, and Jil Sander, and this gave momentum to the notion that Klein was a copier more than an inventor, that he was a skillful brander but not a real designer in the old-fashioned atelier sense.
The brander then pressed the hot iron home, and the checker entered another mark in the roundup tally book.
The master brander is Ralph Lauren, with Calvin Klein not far behind.
On the Hill, with his khaki work clothes and push broom, Felix was invisible; in Santiago, he was the calf cutter and brander, an honored figure.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.