from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that sands, especially:
- n. A device that spreads sand on roads.
- n. Such a device together with the truck that carries it.
- n. A machine having a powered abrasive-covered disk or belt, used for smoothing or polishing surfaces: a floor sander.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person employed to sand wood.
- n. A machine to mechanize the process of sanding.
- n. A device which spreads sand in snowy or icy conditions to improve traction.
- n. Previously a small device resembling a saltshaker but containing sand that was shaken over a document to remove excess ink.
to sand + -er (Wiktionary)