from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Music A band composed of brass and sometimes percussion instruments.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A group of musicians who play brass instruments (sometimes accompanied by percussion)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a band of musicians who play upon wind instruments made of brass, as trumpets, cornets, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A band or company of musical performers, all or most of whom play upon metal (chiefly brass) wind-instruments; a military band.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a group of musicians playing only brass and percussion instruments
Sorry, no etymologies found.