from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. chain (measurement)
- abbr. check (chess)
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A digraph from c and h, considered an individual letter in some languages.
- abbr. chain - a unit of measurement equal to 22 yards
- pro. Alternative form of I.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A common English digraph, of various origin and pronunciation.
- n. An abbreviation
- n. of chapter, and
- n. of church.
- An abbreviation of China;
- of Chinese;
- of check (in chess).
Aphetic form of ich, utch, ultimately from Old English iċ. (Wiktionary)