from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or resulting from combination.
- adj. Tending, serving, or able to combine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or resulting from combination.
- adj. Serving to, tending to, or able to combine.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. produced by a combinatorial process.
- adj. able to combine; tending to combine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tending to combine; uniting: in mathematics, applied to a covariant which is equally a covariant when for any of the quantics is substituted a linear function of them. Also combinatory.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by or relating to or resulting from combination
- adj. relating to or involving combinations
Sorry, no etymologies found.