from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To survive, to endure.
- v. To succeed.
- v. Not to let somebody down, keep one's promise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. attain success or reach a desired goal
- v. succeed in reaching a real or abstract destination after overcoming problems
- v. continue in existence after (an adversity, etc.)
- v. penetrate
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.