from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To subject to public ownership or control.
- transitive v. To convert to Communist principles or control.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make something the property of a community.
- v. To impose Communist ideals on people.
- v. To become or be made communistic.
- v. To come under public ownership or control.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make common; make (something) the property of the community.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make Communist or bring in accord with Communist principles
- v. make into property owned by the state
Sorry, no etymologies found.