from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. As a result; therefore.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. As a result or consequence of something.
- adv. subsequently, following after in time or sequence.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. By consequence; by natural or logical sequence or connection.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- By consequence; by the connection of cause and effect or of antecedent and consequent; in consequence of something; therefore.
- Synonyms Wherefore, Accordingly, etc. See therefore.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. (sentence connectors) because of the reason given
- adv. as a consequence
consequent + -ly (Wiktionary)