from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a consul, or the office thereof.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a consul; performing the duties of a consul.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the consuls in ancient Rome, or in recent times in France, or to their office; pertaining to or characterized by the office of consul: as, the consular power; a consular government. See consul.
- In international law, pertaining to or having the functions of a consul (see consul, 3): as, the consular service.
- n. In ancient Rome: An ex-consul, and also, under the empire, one who had held the insignia of a consul without the office.
- n. The governor of an imperial province.
- n. A consul.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having to do with a consul or his office or duties
From Latin cōnsulāris. (Wiktionary)