from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A machine that separates the seeds, seed hulls, and other small objects from the fibers of cotton.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A machine used for separating cotton fibers from cotton seeds, etc.
- n. Any mechanism that separates one person from another, whether it be distance, time, or apathy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a machine to separate the seeds from cotton, invented by Eli Whitney.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A machine used in separating the seeds from cotton fibers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a machine that separates the seeds from raw cotton fibers
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.