from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tubular endoscope that is inserted into the larynx through the mouth and used for observing the interior of the larynx.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an endoscope used for viewing the interior of the larynx
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument, consisting of an arrangement of two mirrors, for reflecting light upon the larynx, and for examining its image.
- n. A type of endoscope having a light source and lenses, permitting theviewing of a magnified image of the larynx. It may be flexible or rigid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A contrivance for examining the larynx and trachea.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a medical instrument for examining the larynx
Sorry, no etymologies found.