from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The scientific study of the characteristics of the skull, such as size and shape, especially in humans.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of the physical characteristics of the human skull.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The department of science (as of ethnology or archæology) which deals with the shape, size, proportions, indications, etc., of skulls; the study of skulls.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That branch of anatomy which deals with the study of crania or skulls; the sum of human knowledge concerning skulls.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the scientific study of the skulls of various human races
cranio- + -logy (Wiktionary)