from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A furnace or establishment for the incineration of corpses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A place where the bodies of dead people are cremated
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A furnace for cremating corpses; a building containing such a furnace.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A crematory.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mortuary where corpses are cremated
- n. a furnace where a corpse can be burned and reduced to ashes
Sorry, no etymologies found.