from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or suggestive of a dog.
- adj. Surly; gruff.
- adj. Informal Showily stylish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. currish, resembling a mongrel dog, notably in his worst qualities
- adj. stylish in a showy way
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like a dog; having the bad qualities of a dog; churlish; growling; brutal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Like a dog; churlish; growling; snappish.
dog + -ish (Wiktionary)