from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small Dutch coin, equivalent to one-eighth of a stiver.
- n. A small amount; a bit, a jot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small Dutch coin, worth about half a farthing; also, a similar small coin once used in Scotland; hence, any small piece of money.
- n. A thing of small value.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small copper coin (the eighth part of a stiver) formerly current in the Netherlands and the Dutch colonies, and worth about a farthing.
- n. Any trifling coin or sum of money.
- n. Hence A trifle: as, I care not a doit.
- An obsolete (Scotch) variant of dote.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. have sexual intercourse with
From Middle Low German doyt, cognate with Middle Dutch duit. (Wiktionary)