from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, for, or relating to low-income consumers: mass-produced downscale versions of high-priced fashions.
- transitive v. To reduce in scale; scale down.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to something downmarket, of a lower quality.
- v. To reduce in size, to downsize.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. intended for people with low incomes
down- + scale (Wiktionary)