from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of dreadnought.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A fearless person.
- n. Hence: A garment made of very thick cloth, that can defend against storm and cold; also, the cloth itself; fearnaught.
- n. A dreadnought, in either sense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person who fears nothing.
- n. Something that assures against fear.
- n. Hence A thick cloth with a long pile, used for warm clothing or for protection against the elements; a garment made of such cloth. Also called fearnaught.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. battleship that has big guns all of the same caliber
Sorry, no etymologies found.