from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone whose job it is to collect refuse from people's homes and take it to be processed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One whose employment is to remove dirt and refuse; a garbage man.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One whose employment is the removal of dust, rubbish, or garbage.
- n. The genius of sleep in popular sayings and folklore: so named because the winking and eye-rubbing of a sleepy child are as if he had dust in his eyes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone employed to collect and dispose of refuse
Sorry, no etymologies found.