from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The formation, or maintenance, of an equilibrium
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Act of keeping a balance, or state of being balanced; equipoise.
- n. The process by which animal and vegetable organisms preserve a physiological balance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Equipoise; the act of keeping the balance even; the state of being equally balanced; the maintenance of equilibrium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. stabilization by bringing into equilibrium
Sorry, no etymologies found.