from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a false manner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a false manner; erroneously; not truly; perfidiously or treacherously.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a false way; in opposition to truth and fact; not truly: as, to speak or swear falsely; to testify falsely.
- Treacherously; perfidiously.
- Not correctly; erroneously; mistakenly: as, a passage falsely translated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in an insincerely false manner
- adv. in an incorrect manner
false + -ly (Wiktionary)