from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. To appearances; apparently.
- adv. In a seemly manner; decorously; with propriety.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In appearance; in show; in semblance; apparently; ostensibly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a seeming manner; apparently; ostensibly; in appearance; in show; in semblance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. from appearances alone
From seeming + -ly. (Wiktionary)