from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being, appearing, or being perceived as foreign; exoticness, otherness.
- n. A characteristic that indicates foreignness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being foreign; remoteness; want of relation or appropriateness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The condition of being foreign; irrelevancy; want of natural connection with the surroundings.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being alien or not native
foreign + -ness (Wiktionary)