American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An area containing abundant deposits of gold or gold ore.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A district or region where gold-mining is carried on.
- n. plural In California, a plant of the composite genus Bæria and to some extent of the related genus Lasthenia: so named from the fact that these plants cover the ground with their yellow bloom. The species are low herbs, some of which endure saline or alkaline soil.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a region in which are deposits of gold.
- n. a district where gold is mined.
- n. a district where gold is mined
- gold + field (Wiktionary)
“Brainstorm this; NOT only American soil means of FORTUNE found, fortune magazine that the rest of USA also a huge goldfield they should cover up, the use of accept only credit card make people who have the money who have yet access to credit card eager to buy, so If company like to more fortune.”
“Sent Kekwick and one of the men to examine the goldfield, and to select a place for sinking tomorrow morning.”
“It has been charged that the goldfield volunteers, fearful of being called east to tight in the Civil War, deliberately attempted to foment an Indian war which would keep them at home.”
“Next to the Commissioner and the P.M., the Inspector of Police is the biggest man in a country town or on a goldfield.”
“Below lay the goldfield clearly marked out by hundreds of camp-fires that were still red and showed bright in the darkened sky.”
“The big man of the goldfield seemed to be the Commissioner.”
“No man, it seems to me, has his right name on this confounded goldfield.”
“Among the pioneers of a North Queensland goldfield were three mates, whose prospecting experiences had been varied; but they had not hitherto touched anything like the present — the matted vegetation, the close steamy heat, the rank smells of decaying vegetation, the breathless humidity.”
“The exchange started life in 1887, one year after the discovery of the world's richest goldfield triggered a goldrush on which South Africa's commercial capital was founded.”
“It seemed the entire population of the goldfield was there, packed around the small open space in which Francois was holding his prisoners.”
‘goldfield’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for goldfield.