from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An area containing abundant deposits of gold or gold ore.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An area where gold ore is found
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a region in which are deposits of gold.
- n. a district where gold is mined.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A district or region where gold-mining is carried on.
- n. plural In California, a plant of the composite genus Bæria and to some extent of the related genus Lasthenia: so named from the fact that these plants cover the ground with their yellow bloom. The species are low herbs, some of which endure saline or alkaline soil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a district where gold is mined
gold + field (Wiktionary)