from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sand or sediment having a dark greenish color caused by the presence of glauconite.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A greenish sandstone containing glauconite
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. molding sand used for a mold while slightly damp, and not dried before the cast is made.
- n. A variety of sandstone, usually imperfectly consolidated, consisting largely of glauconite, a silicate of iron and potash of a green color, mixed with sand and a trace of phosphate of lime.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sandstone containing grains of glauconite, which impart to it a greenish hue.
- n. In geological classification, one of certain subdivisions of the Cretaceous system.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an olive-green sandstone containing glauconite
Sorry, no etymologies found.