from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A creeping or trailing European aromatic plant (Glechoma hederacea), widely naturalized in North America and having rounded scalloped leaves and small purplish flowers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Glechoma hederacea, an aromatic, perennial, evergreen creeper of the mint family Lamiaceae.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A trailing plant; alehoof. See Gill.
- n. Gill (Nepeta Glechoma).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A European plant, Nepeta Glechoma (Glechoma hederacea), natural order Labiatœ, abundant in Great Britain, and naturalized in the United States.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. trailing European aromatic plant of the mint family having rounded leaves and small purplish flowers often grown in hanging baskets; naturalized in North America; sometimes placed in genus Nepeta
Sorry, no etymologies found.