from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of headhunter.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A member of any tribe or race of savages who have the custom of decapitating human beings and preserving their heads as trophies. The Dyaks of Borneo are the most noted head-hunters.
- n. A person whose profession is to find executives to fill open positions in corporations; an executive personnel recruiter; also, a company that performs a similar service.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A savage who practises head-hunting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a savage who cuts off and preserves the heads of enemies as trophies
- n. a recruiter of personnel (especially for corporations)
Sorry, no etymologies found.