from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A devilish person; a fiend.
- n. Greek Mythology Cerberus, the watchdog of Hades.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A demonic dog of Hell, typically of unnaturally large size, strength or speed, black fur, glowing eyes, and ghostly or phantom characteristics.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A dog of hell; an agent of hell.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A dog of hell; an agent of hell; a hellish person.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Greek mythology) the three-headed dog guarding the entrance to Hades; son of Typhon
- n. a very evil man
Sorry, no etymologies found.