from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The portion of a racetrack from the last turn to the finish line.
- n. Informal The final stages of an undertaking.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the final stretch of a race track
- n. the last part of some activity (e.g. a speech)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. that part of a race course between the last curve and the winning post.
- n. the straight segment of a racetrack leading to the finish line.
- n. The last or concluding part of any extended activity that has a definite conclusion; the final phase of any activity.
- n. See under Home, a.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the straight stretch of a racetrack leading to the finish line
- n. the end of an enterprise
Sorry, no etymologies found.