from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang Empty, exaggerated talk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Air that has been heated, especially so as to function as the lifting agent of a hot-air balloon.
- n. Empty, confused or exaggerated talk having no meaning or substance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. loud and confused and empty talk
- n. air that has been heated and tends to rise
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.