from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Communion, relationship, or association between persons or groups.
- n. The practice by which members of different Christian denominations can receive Communion at one another's Eucharistic services or at a common service.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. communion (association) between people or groups
- n. The participation, together, in Holy Communion of people from different denominations
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Mutual communion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Communion one with another; intimate intercourse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. participation in Holy Communion by members of more than one church (eg Catholic and Orthodox)
inter- + communion (Wiktionary)