American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A soft, plain-knitted fabric used for clothing.
- n. A garment made of this fabric.
- n. A close-fitting knitted pullover shirt, jacket, or sweater.
- n. Any of a breed of fawn-colored dairy cattle developed on the island of Jersey and producing milk that is rich in butterfat.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Fine woolen yarn; fine or select wool, separated from the inferior quality by combing.
- n. A close-fitting upper garment, extending to the hips, made of elastic woolen or silk material, and worn with some variation of form by both men and women.
- Made of fine woolen yarn or pure wool.
- n. [capitalized] A celebrated breed of dairy cattle which originated in the island of Jersey, in the English channel, and is noted for the yield of milk. Jerseys are the smallest, of dairy cattle, with rounded bodies, slender, rather short legs, small, broad head, and small, waxy horns, often crumpled. The color is variable, preferably fawn with dark legs; but there are pure-bred animals of various shades of yellow, brown, tan, mouse-color, light red, and even black.
- n. A garment knitted from wool, worn over the upper body.
- n. A shirt worn by a member of an athletic team, usually oversized, typically depicting the athlete's name and team number as well as the team's logotype.
- n. A type of fabric knit
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The finest of wool separated from the rest; combed wool; also, fine yarn of wool.
- n. A kind of knitted jacket; hence, in general, a closefitting jacket or upper garment made of an elastic fabric (as stockinet).
- n. One of a breed of cattle in the Island of Jersey. Jerseys are noted for the richness of their milk.
- n. a Mid-Atlantic state on the Atlantic; one of the original 13 colonies
- n. a slightly elastic machine-knit fabric
- n. the largest of the Channel Islands
- n. a close-fitting pullover shirt
- n. a breed of diary cattle developed on the island of Jersey
- From a typical fisherman's sweater used on the island of Jersey. (Wiktionary)
- After Jersey . (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“LA Galaxy Home 07 / 08 Jersey w / Beckham 23 S$45 nufcrulz puma uses two type of collars, so the overlapping one will be present in all jerseys with that type of collar. anyway will check for you once i get the sporting home ... well for Italy, Poland home, yes it overlaps, but for Spurs i think it doesnt. no wonder i am getting the big wider colar type of jerseys from puma, like the Poland away kind of jersey.”
“Just got word Canton came and picked up my jersey from the Chicago Game ... not sure what to even say to that ... but #BeatDetroit-HTTRless than a minute ago via webDeAngelo Hall”
“The poem can utilize any poetic form (haiku, rhyming couplets, limerick, free verse, etc.) but it cannot exceed six lines (LeBron's jersey is #6).”
“Card companies had hit the ultimate in jersey cards.”
“To combat the fact that people were losing interest in jersey cards, card companies started to limit the print run of some cards.”
“Contador, a three-time winner of the coveted yellow jersey, is currently provisionally suspended after testing positive for trace amounts of the banned substance clenbuterol.”
“Schoonover, i'm in jersey too but my zone doesn't open until tommorrow.”
“Even though his jersey is selling like hotcakes there is still a segment of the sports world that will not let him move on from his dog-fighting days.”
“If they would just research things, they would find out the truth. dp in jersey”
“Can't quite tell if this old Tucson Toros jersey is so ugly it's cool, or just ugly.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘jersey’.
As the playoffs are on, some Hockey terms, and likely some Canadianisms in here.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Place names that have entered general speech. Toponyms that interest me in other ways are on Place Names Of Distinction
A big part of my life - for now. Maybe someday I'll have a "My Major League Baseball Life." If so, free tickets for all Wordies.
Lista de palabras útiles, raras o esotéricas para Scrabble en Español recopiladas de partidas ordinarias.
Todas las palabras se encuentran en el DRAE.
Algunas palabras po...
Boston: Re-Printed and Sold at J. Draper's Printing-Office in Newbury-Street. (Price Sixteen Pence single.)
See the companion list, A LIST of the Men of War the French have left," 174...
Woven, knit and tatted fabrics. Other kinds of cloth, such as tapa and chamois are not included.
types of fabric
several of these characters seem to have been involved in the Crimean War
Words and phrases from Cherie Priest's book, Boneshaker.
Looking for tweets for jersey.