from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A jingle, the sounds of a jingle.
- v. Present participle of jingle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of producing a jingle; also, the sound itself; a chink.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A continued ringing; a lively noise of bells, or the like clinking.
- n. A game in which the players are blindfolded and try to catch one, called the ‘jingler,’ who is not blindfolded and who jingles a bell to attract their attention and, if skilful, to divert it. Also called jingling-match.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a series of high-pitched ringing sounds like many small bells
Sorry, no etymologies found.